Module 1 – Analysing Agricultural Financial Markets
This module begins with a general introduction to the training, and then provides an overview of key trends and opportunities in the agricultural finance market. It also introduces data sources and analytical methods that financial institutions can use to narrow down their potential market. Once they have done this, they’ll be in a better position to design successful products (which is the focus of Module 2).
Total time required for standard delivery of the module: 2 hours 50 minutes
1. Analyze recent market trends in agriculture and agricultural finance
2. Differentiate between agricultural finance and general finance from a client’s perspective
3. Identify four weaknesses in the current supply of agricultural finance
4. Examine data sources and an analytical process that can be used to identify growing clients niches in the agricultural sector
Key Takeaways (KT)
1. Quantitative analysis can help identify target markets engaged in agricultural value chains with growth potential.
2. Quantitative analysis reduces the scope of the product design process, making it more manageable
3. The growing availability of quantitative data makes the analysis of agricultural financial markets more cost-effective.
4. Financial institutions should screen potential market opportunities for alignment with their mission and comparative advantage.