Dear RFILC members,
Autumn is very important period in the agricultural cycle. The American Heritage Dictionary, states that “harvest” comes from the Old English word hærfest, meaning “Autumn”. Autumn season refers for gathering agricultural products. We would like to dedicate this November newsletter to the gathering knowledge products.
This month, we have chosen to bring to your attention a “Study on appropriate warehousing and collateral management systems in sub-Saharan Africa” published by CTA, that comes in three volumes: i) key finding; ii) technical country reports and iii) Review of applicable laws. The core subject of this report is how warehouse receipt financing enables the post-harvest part of the value chain to function more efficiently as it is a potentially useful tool for helping farmers access to funding.
Furthermore, the International Finance Corporation (IFC) has published a guide to agricultural lending entitled “Agricultural Lending: A How – To Guide” that explains the trends, opportunities, risks, and mitigation strategies associated with agricultural lending in developing markets. Using a simple five-phase approach, it presents a step-by-step road map for financial institutions interested in introducing agricultural lending products.
Finally, we are pleased to present a new Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) web site providing a single entry point for agricultural investment guidance and resources – “Investment Learning Platform” (ILP). It is designed for investment practitioners, in particular government, their advisers and partners. It offers concise and practical help to plan, design, implement or evaluate public investment in agriculture and rural development. If you want to explore more about investments and this platform, click here.
With best regards,
The RFILC editorial team
- International Conference “Agricultural Insurance, Reinsurance & Brokerage in CIS, Europe & Asia”
- Call for papers – 2016 International Conference “Agricultural Insurance, Reinsurance & Brokerage in CIS, Europe & Asia”
- Cracking the Nut 2016 “Regenerating Rural and Agricultural Development”
- Inclusive Finance India Summit 2015
- Small Is Powerful: How to Support Small Businesses in Africa?
- 12th Annual Global Microfinance Forum
- Seguros agropecuarios catastróficos para Bancos de Desarrollo
- Séminaire de recherche ISTOM – ESC DIJON
- Guidelines for improving linkages between producer groups and buyers of agricultural produce
- Inclusive business models for the integration of smallholders into agrifood value chains
- Agricultural Growth in West Africa (AGWA): Market and Policy Drivers
- Study on appropriate warehousing and collateral management systems in sub-Saharan Africa
- Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii) Annual Report
- Agricultural Lending: A How – To Guide
- Program Quality Guidelines for Savings Groups
- Investment Learning Platform (ILP)
- Midiendo el riesgo de inversión en emprendimientos rurales: sentando bases para potenciar inversiones responsables a riesgo compartido en Bolivia
- Financiamiento Productivo Agropecuario de las Cooperativas de Ahorro y Crédito Rural
- Programa Nacional de Financiamiento al Microempresario y a la Mujer Rural
- Financiamiento Nacional Sector Agrícola “Guía de Proyectos de Inversión Sector Agrícola”
- Inversión pública y descentralización: sus efectos sobre la pobreza rural en la última década
- Fondos de Inversión Rural (FIR)
- L’agriculture contractuelle : Rôle, usage et raison d’être
- Manuel d‘agriculture contractuelle
- Guide juridique sur l’agriculture contractuelle
- Genèse et essor de la micro-assurance agricole
- European Microfinance Award
- Rwanda: M-Pesa Customers Can Now Send and Receive Money From Rwanda
- FAO and MasterCard Announce New Partnership
- For Smallholders, Blend Personal Support with Digital Products
- Se aceleran las microfinanzas hondureñas
- Ahorro formal mejora la calidad de vida de personas de zonas rurales y empodera a mujeres
- Assurance agricole : le paradoxe africain
- Bamboo Finance et Louis Dreyfus Holding Créent NISABA