Rural Finance and Investment Insights: May 2023
Note from the editor
Last month, a webinar on Financial Inclusion Policies in the Fisheries Sector was organized.
Three speakers from financial institutions in India, Tanzania and Vietnam presented the fishery sector status and potential for development in their respective countries. They provided an overview of financial inclusion policy interventions for the fisheries sector introduced by their respective financial institutions, presented finance innovations and showed how government support is enhancing their fisheries finance programs.
To read more and review the webinar recording here.
This report offers new evidence to inform the design of suitable and timely financial products for farmer organizations, based on a survey of 220 farmers’ organizations in West Africa and Asia and the Pacific.Read More
The blog introduces a data analytics and Fintech company, FarmDrive, that supports small-scale farmers in accessing credit from local financial institutions (FIs), and presents how the company help bridge the gap that traditionally separates small-scale agricultural producers from the formal financial sector, which, among other factors, is caused by the scarce data and information that financial institutions have on these actors – which makes them unable to carry out accurate credit profiling for small-scale farmers and agri-enterprises.Read More
Strengthening Rural Women’s Climate Resilience: Opportunities for Financial and Agricultural Service Providers
Rural women are critical to ensuring global food security but disproportionately vulnerable to climate change. This working paper provides an overview of 10 opportunities for service providers, investors, and donors to improve rural women’s climate resilience and share examples of innovative business solutionsRead More
- Insurance and Risk Finance Solutions to Build Resilience
- Myanmar Microfinance Sector Evolution – MFI Health Check Survey Results
- Bolstering Women’s Climate Resilience and Adaptation through Financial Services
- A Toolkit for Increasing Gender Diversity and Women’s Leadership in Financial Regulatory Institutions
- Environmental and Social Risk Management Guidelines
- Instant Payments and Merchants — Pricing Policy Considerations
- The Supervision of FinTech in the Africa Region: A Case Study of Ghana
- Strengthening Rural Women’s Climate Resilience: Opportunities for Financial and Agricultural Service Providers
- Access to Finance for Farmers’ Organizations: Evidence from a multi-country survey
- The Inclusive Insurance Navigator