Rural Finance and Investment Insights: May 2022
Note from the editor
On April 26th, the CAFI SSF Network, in association with the Asia and Pacific Rural and Agricultural Credit Association (APRACA), hosted a webinar on the “Role of Fish Farmers Producer Organizations (FFPO’s) in facilitating inclusive financial services for small-scale fisheries (SSF)“. Speakers from institutions that have played a significant role in developing fisheries and aquaculture in India, particularly small-scale fisheries, and aquaculture producers, shared their institutional experience of best practices, development processes and success stories that enhanced the fish productivity and support provided to the FFPOs to sustain and scale-up.
For more details of the webinar, please find the press coverage and recording here.
PICAP’s Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Strategy will ensure that the most vulnerable and marginalized are fully represented in climate disaster risk financing instruments. This includes the most disproportionately impacted by natural hazards such as women, the low-income population, people with disabilities, the youth, workers in the informal economy, SMEs, and individuals enrolled in formal social protection schemes.Read More
Faced with a triple health, economic, and social crisis during the COVID-19 pandemic, Farmers’ Organizations (FOs) have been called on by members and partners to play a variety of roles in response to the crisis. This publication provides an overview of the roles that farmers’ and producers’ organizations played during the pandemic, based on qualitative interviews with the organizations.Read More
The blog presents the case of EticHub as an indication of the great potential that blockchain technology carries as an enabler of digital crowdlending mechanisms in agriculture, as it fosters the transparency, security and convenience of transactions, both for investors and farmers.Read More
Digital financial services (DFS) implementation in a national financial inclusion strategy (NFIS) is an instrument to expand access to more inclusive financial services. This guideline note will provide actionable guidance on how to properly integrate DFS into an NFIS and have a positive impact on end-users.Read More
- How can digital platforms support the distribution of MSME insurance?
- How can insurance providers leverage value chain aggregators to serve MSMEs?
- How can lenders better protect MSMEs?
- FIJI National Financial Inclusion Strategy 2022-2030
- Enhancing Financial Inclusion in Rural Areas
- Consent, Convergence and Data Protection: Cornerstones for the Success of Inclusive Open Finance
- Mobile Money agents: sustainability in a digital era – Findings from Kenya
- Payment Service Banks in Nigeria: Opportunities and Challenges
- Integrating Digital Financial Services into a National Financial Inclusion Strategy
- Multiple roles of farmers’ and producers’ organizations in responding to the Covid-19 crisis
- Pacific Insurance and Climate Adaptation Programme: Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Strategy