Welcome to the new Rural Finance and Investment Learning Center (RFILC) website and newsletter!
We would like to highlight two main novelties that you can explore while navigating your new platform. First, we now have a 4th library pillar that is dedicated to all aspects related to agricultural investments. Second, the platform offers new features to signed members including the ability to perform a custom site search, to suggest new content and to receive recommendations tailored to your member profile information.
In today’s newsletter we will tickle your mind with two interesting documents. First one is the toolkit developed by USAID entitled “The Firm to Farm Finance Toolkit: Hearing, Creating & Delivering Human-Centered Solutions for Inclusive Access to Finance” which provides step-by-step guidance on how to apply a framework to hear client needs and create and deliver financial products and services for low-income households in a sustainable and client-centric manner.
The second highlight is the UNCDF study on “Digital Financial Services in Africa: Beyond the Kenyan Success Story”. The paper explains the success factors of digital financial services (DFS) in Kenya and contrasts this with the challenges and opportunities for DFS in seven countries: Benin, Cameroon, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Uganda and Zambia. The study is based on the Mobile Money for the Poor (MM4P) methodology developed by UNCDF to assess the market potential for DFS.
We wish you a pleasant exploration of our new RFILC website and its new features!
The RFILC editorial team
- Global Forum on Remittances and Development: 2015
- 5th Annual Africa Banking and Finance Conference
- African Microfinance Week 2015
- Global AgInvesting 2015
- Risk Management Solutions for Emerging Agriculture
- 4th International Agricultural Risk, Finance, and Insurance Conference (IARFIC) 2015
- International Conference on Innovative Agriculture Financing
- SG2015: The Power of Savings Groups
- AgriBusiness Forum 2015
- Global Forum for Innovations in Agriculture (GFIA 2015)
- Inclusive Rural Financial Services Toolkits
- Aging and Financial Inclusion: an Opportunity
- The ILO’s Impact Insurance Facility – Annual Report 2014
- Screening Peers Softly: Inferring the Quality of Small Borrowers
- Risk and Finance in the Coffee Sector: How to Improve Risk Management and Access to Finance in the Coffee Sector ?
- Developing Sustainable Food Value Chains: Guiding Principles
- Cinco lecciones sobre las redes de agentes en Perú
- La morosidad de la cartera de créditos a la microempresa de las Cajas Rurales de Ahorro y Crédito y su relación con la competencia
- Diversité des agricultures familiales
- Combining Push and Pull Strategies for Greater Scale and Poverty Outreach
- Digital Financial Services in Africa: Beyond the Kenyan Success Story
- The Firm to Farm Finance Toolkit: Hearing, Creating & Delivering Human-Centered Solutions for Inclusive Access to Finance