Rural Finance and Investment Insights: June 2022
Note from the editor
This month, the CAFI -SSF network virtually presented “The importance and access to aquaculture insurance” during the Regional Workshop on Planning and Policy Development Increasing Aquaculture Production in Antalya, Turkey.
The presentation shared information about the current status of world aquaculture production and employment within the sector. It further presented the status of the current global aquaculture insurance market, available policies that are enacted across regions, risks faced by businesses, small-scale producers, and key players, and their relationship in enabling conditions for the provision of insurance services and the type of products offered. In addition, the presentation shared some of the critical reasons behind the little interest shown by both the supply and demand-side. While on the one hand, insurers are not highly interested in covering risks faced by small-scale producers, on the other small-scale producers show little interest in the uptake of insurance services.
You can find out more about the presentation and recording here.
Towards an Inclusive Green Future: An Analysis of the Intersection Between Inclusive Green Finance and Gender Inclusive Finance
The purpose of this special report is to examine the intersection between inclusive green finance and gender-inclusive finance. There is a pressing need to promote regulation and policies that strengthen the adaptive capacity and resilience of women to environmental change while empowering them to take part in mitigation efforts and environmental-related decision-making.Read More
State of the Sector: Agri-Insurance for Smallholder Farmers A global stocktake of an evolving industry
The key findings of this report include: taking stock of the current state of agri-insurance for smallholder households, distilling what has changed in the sector since 2018; Introducing new ways of thinking about the sector in the form of four deep dives; and proposing a set of priority areas to guide work over the next 5 years.Read More
The virtual event will explore how the Ukraine war has affected different actors in the agriculture sector across the most affected regions of the globe, particularly agri-SMEs and the institutions that finance them. The event will feature three panels, with representatives of agri-SMEs, financial service providers and international financing experts from the public, private and philanthropic sectors.Read More
To help address the challenge of financial inclusion in Pacific Island Countries (PICs), the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) is launching the Pacific Islands FinTech Innovation Challenge. The challenge aims to attract local and global FinTechs with market-ready solutions to address identified problem statements which represent the challenges faced by Pacific Islands Countries in developing the digital payments ecosystem.Read More
- Green Credit Guarantee Schemes for MSMEs
- The state of the agri-SME sector – bridging the finance gap
- Financing climate adaptation and resilient agricultural livelihoods
- Iterating for climate resilience: Designing digitally-enabled agriculture insurance that works for smallholder farmers in Zimbabwe
- How Can Financial Services Support Platform Work? Insights from Five Emerging Markets
- Fintech: Financial Inclusion or Exclusion?
- Investor Guidelines for Responsible Investing in Digital Financial Services
- The Mobile Gender Gap Report 2022
- Insurance Underwriting with Nature: How Mangroves Can Transform the Climate Strategy of Companies, Cities and Re/insurers
- State of the Sector: Agri-Insurance for Smallholder Farmers A global stocktake of an evolving industry
- Towards an Inclusive Green Future: An Analysis of the Intersection Between Inclusive Green Finance and Gender Inclusive Finance
- Enabling inclusive rural and agrifood system transformation through digitalization
- Global insurance experiences to increase small-scale aquaculture resilience
- Agri-SME finance: Navigating volatility in the wake of the war in Ukraine
- Call for applications: Pacific Islands Fintech Innovation Challenge