Rural Finance and Investment Insights: July 2023
Note from the editor
Join us on September 25, 2023, for a significant event that delves into the occupational hazards and risk coverage faced by women in the fisheries and aquaculture industries. Organized by the CAFI SSF Network in collaboration with GAFS, this webinar aims to shed light on the vital yet often unaddressed challenges and risks that women encounter as integral contributors to these sectors.
Highlighting the importance of tailored support, the event emphasizes the need for women-centric resilience products from the insurance industry, providing essential safety nets for women engaged in fisheries and aquaculture activities. Our expert panels, featuring representatives from fisher-folk organizations, insurance experts, and Microinsurance Service Providers, will engage in discussions surrounding the specific hazards and risks faced by women in these fields. For more information, please visit the event page here.
This briefing note summarises the emerging issues related to climate change and index insurance, discussing how climate trends are being considered in index product design and pricing, and how this could be improved.Read More
Strengthening Financial Resilience in the Pacific: 16 Lessons Learned from Implementing Climate Risk Insurance Solutions
This publication captures the lessons learned from implementing climate risk insurance solutions in the Pacific targeted at the agriculture, fisheries, retail and tourism sectors over the last two years.Read More
This report covers the current landscape of digital payments in Africa and key recommendations to support regulators in formulating enabling payment policies that foster innovation.Read More
This toolkit focuses on the use of mobile phones to the maximum benefit of women, men, youth, smallholder farmers and refugees, to enable them to access digital financial services.Read More
- Agritech and Fintech Providers in East and Southern Africa
- Eswatini FinTech Landscape Report 2023
- Environmental and Social Risk Management Guidelines
- Climate Risk and Financial Inclusion: A Regulatory Perspective
- Interoperability of financial services providers: Afghanistan
- Social Media Monitoring to Assess Consumer Risks in Digital Credit Apps: Guidance for Supervisors from an India Pilot
- Climate change and index insurance: How can the insurance industry respond to the challenge?
- Strengthening Financial Resilience in the Pacific: 16 Lessons Learned from Implementing Climate Risk Insurance Solutions
- Driving Digital Financial Services in Africa Through Merchant Acceptance of Digital Payments
- A Digital & Financial Literacy Toolkit for Youth, Smallholder Farmers & Refugees