Rural Finance and Investment Insights: January 2022
Note from the editor
Welcome back! We hope that all of you spent a calm and pleasant holiday with your loved ones, and are now refreshed and recharged.
We are excited to start our first monthly Newsletter of 2022, and we look forward to bringing you the latest knowledge products and events in Rural and Agricultural Finance.
Please let us know your opinions on our monthly Insights. What would you like to hear from us more or do differently in 2022? Please share your thoughts by writing to us at email@example.com. We count on your suggestions to shape our knowledge hub together with you.
This case study reviews the financial inclusion and risk mitigation instruments that were piloted under an IFAD Programme during 2007-2020 in Tamil Nadu, India. The case study aims to inform development practitioners on the processes and lessons learnt in implementing the key innovations in financial inclusion including risk mitigation instruments tailored to rural communities in this case small-scale fishers.Read More
This case study presents insights from customer research with TymeBank, a fully digital South African bank that disproportionately serves low-income rural customers, that bolsters CGAP’s hypotheses around how digital banks can support the mission of financial inclusion.Read More
Climate Finance for Sustaining Peace: Making Climate Finance Work for Conflict-Affected and Fragile Contexts
This study sets out to address and focus on: trends in access to climate finance in conflict-affected and fragile contexts; gaps and opportunities to leverage the co-benefits of climate action for peace and security; strategies for mainstreaming climate-related security risks into climate finance.Read More
Insurers need to partner with aggregators to sell microinsurance products sustainably. Microinsurance products aim to provide insurance cover for low-income individuals and therefore the costs need to be kept very low. One way is to work with partners that already have large customer bases that can be distributed to. This case study presents how Turaco partnered with a company that builds and sells solar home systems that allow customers to purchase home electrification kits on credit. This partnership allowed Turaco access to over a million customers in Uganda.Read More
- Banking on FinTech in Emerging Markets
- Financing Agricultural MSMEs in Liberia – Livelihoods and Employment Creation Project
- Asia–Pacific Financial Inclusion Forum 2021: Emerging Priorities in the COVID-19 Era
- Towards Gender-Smart Microfinance Product Development and Enterprise Lending in Myanmar
- Policy Framework on MSME Data Collection: A Guide for Gender Inclusive Finance
- Financial Consumer Protection During a Crisis
- Agri DFS: Emerging business models to support the financial inclusion of smallholder farmers
- TymeBank Case Study: The Customer Impact of Inclusive Digital Banking
- Climate Finance for Sustaining Peace: Making Climate Finance Work for Conflict-Affected and Fragile Contexts
- Case study: Innovations in financial inclusion, including microinsurance
- Managing the complexities of insurance partnerships