Dear RFILC members,
We wish you a pleasant return at the office after the summer holidays and we invite you to take a look at our August newsletter issue that will lead you through new and thrilling publications, training, news and events.
Firstly, we would like to bring to your attention a publication on the UNIDROIT/FAO/IFAD Legal Guide on Contract Farming. It provides advice on the entire relationship, from negotiation to conclusion, including performance and possible breach or termination of farming contracts. Contract farming is an agreement between producers and buyers that supports the production of a wide range of agricultural commodities, which can help increase agricultural productivity and improve the livelihoods of the rural poor. The potential economic and social benefits of the contract farming explains the interest of many domestic policymakers and international organizations in promoting sustainable contract farming models as part of their efforts to achieve food security. The Guide aims to promote a better understanding of the legal implications of contract terms and practices.and more stable and balanced relationships between stakeholders. It provides assistance to parties in designing and implementing sound contracts, thereby generally contributing to building a conducive environment for contract farming.
Secondly, as many of you have expressed an interest in the warehouse receipt, this month we are bringing to you a State Banke of Pakistan publication “Framework for Warehouse Receipt Financing in Pakistan” The objective of the study was to review the existing system of commodity warehousing in Pakistan, the international best practices, legal framework in warehousing and feasibility for development of storage, marketing and post harvest financing system. The study report prescribed policy and regulatory environment supporting the development of Warehouse Receipt system in Pakistan.
Finally, we are happy to announce our second joint webinar with the AgriFin – Agriculture Finance Support Facility, it is a part of the World Bank group, that will take place on September 10th, 2015 at 15:00-16:00 CEST (Rome time). The webinar will feature the Rural Finance and Investment Learning Centre (RFILC) and during this webinar the key features of the RFILC and some of the research and training initiatives currently feeding its content will be discussed. The focus will be on how financial institutions can benefit from using the information disseminated by the RFILC. To join the webinar, click here.
With best regards,
The RFILC editorial team
- G20 Roundtable on Innovations In Agricultural Finance
- National Financial Inclusion Conference
- 1st WSBI Meeting in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
- Inaugural Symposium on Islamic Economics and Finance
- AFI Global Policy Forum (GPF) 2015
- SG2015: The Power of Savings Groups
- Introducing Rural Finance and Investment Learning Centre
- Forum Mondial Convergences
- 11e Conférence Internationale sur la Micro-assurance / Soutenir la croissance et la durabilité – Un business case pour la micro-assurance
- Colloque annuel de FARM “Investissements privés et développement durable”
- Conférence Sanabel 2015
- Conférence mondiale sur l’assurance indicielle “Développer des solutions innovantes pour l’industrie de l’assurance”
- Legal Guide on Contract Farming
- Loan Protection for Maize Farmers in Burkina Faso
- Warehouse Receipt System Reform Initiatives In Africa
- Financial Innovation and Poverty Reduction: Evidence from Rural Northern Nigeria
- Agricultural Policy Monitoring and Evaluation 2015
- Framework for Warehouse Receipt Financing in Pakistan
- Economía y Finanzas Populares y Solidarias para el buen vivir en Ecuador
- Políticas para el Sector Agropecuario y el Desarrollo de los Territorios Rurales 2015-2018
- Revisión de la OCDE de las Políticas Agrícolas: Colombia 2015
- La importancia del sector microfinanciero en Centroamérica
- Estrategia de alianza con la República del Paraguay para los años fiscales 2015-18
- Sostenibilidad y rentabilidad de las cajas municipales de ahorro y crédito (CMAC) en el Perú
- Baromètre 2015 de la microfinance
- Vue d’ensemble régionale de l’insécurité alimentaire en Afrique. Des perspectives plus favorables que jamais.
- Le warrantage équitable au Niger et au Burkina Faso : une bonne pratique de finance rurale
- Banks begin value-chain financing
- The Key to Fighting Poverty in Africa: Could unlocking smallholder finance solve both the continent’s food and employment challenges?
- Uno de cada dos cultivos asegurados sufre algún tipo de siniestro
- BM aprueba $us 60 millones de crédito para el desarrollo rural
- Maitriser les intempéries: assurance, épargne et crédit en Afrique de l’Ouest
- Lancement officiel des activités du programme AgriFinance Burkina
- Reinventing microfinancing in Nigeria