Policy Framework on the Regulation, Licensing and Supervision of Digital Banks
With the explosion of new players, services and business models driven by technological innovations, a new and specific type of digital financial services provider has emerged: the digital bank.
Offering a more complete set of services than other FinTech firms, digital banks replicate to a large degree the role played by traditional banks in the economy, providing a wide range of banking products and services, but relying on digital distribution channels.
This policy framework provides guidance contemplating strategies regarding digital banks, with a view of promoting financial inclusion.
- Resource type Technical Note
- OrganisationAlliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI)
- Year of Publication2021
- Keywords Financial Regulations, digital financial services (DFS)
- Financial Products and Services for Women’s Financial Inclusion: A Policy and Regulation Design Toolkit
- Digital financial literacy via e-commerce: Implications for Bangladesh, especially for women in business