Marketing Strategy: Training activities for entrepreneurs
This training manual is designed to help facilitators introduce women entrepreneurs to the importance of marketing for business success. An outline training programme of ten sessions is provided, with advice on choosing participants, organising materials, setting training goals and so on.
One of the core elements is the “Marketing Game” which introduces participants to the four elements of the marketing mix – product, price, distribution and promotion. This innovative board game is especially effective with groups of varying literacy skills. More than 100 marketing problems and situations are covered in the game. Other training methods include a marketing story, visits to local businesses and practical activities to develop marketing plans and create marketing messages.
The book contains all the materials needed to conduct the marketing game.
- Resource type Book
- Author Kindervatter, S.; Range, M.
- OrganisationOEF International, UNIFEM
- Year of Publication1986
- Number of pages96 pp.
- EditionAppropriate Business Skills for Third World Women
- Keywords Marketing, Enterprise Development, Business Planning
- Pre-conference workshop: Integrating technical assistance with finance and marketing – innovations and lessons – part 1
- Pre-conference workshop: Integrating technical assistance with finance and marketing – innovations and lessons – part 2