Leveraging Digital ID and e-KYC for the Financial Inclusion of Forcibly Displaced Persons: Risks and Opportunities
Over 84 million forcibly displaced persons (FDPs) worldwide face many challenges in accessing digital identity and formal financial services.
These challenges include the lack of officially recognized identity documents, limited availability of access points to obtain formal financial services, and strict KYC processes.
Focusing on Rwanda, Mauritania, and Eswatini, this report discusses the challenges and bottlenecks preventing the wider adoption of digital ID and e-KYC from advancing the financial inclusion of FDPs.
- Resource type Report
- OrganisationAlliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI)
- Year of Publication2022
- CountryEswatini, Mauritania, Rwanda
- Keywords forcibly displaced persons (FDPs), Digital identity, Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Leveraging Digital ID and E-KYC to Deliver Social Protection Programs and Advance Financial Inclusion During the COVID-19 Pandemic and Future Crises
- Current State of Practice: Policy Frameworks, Laws and Regulations Related to the Financial Inclusion of Forcibly Displaced Persons (FDPs) Across the AFI Network