How to carry out a rapid diagnostic for agricultural and climate risk insurance: Who to talk to, what questions to ask, and why
Insurance can help build resilience for small-scale producers – an urgent task in today’s high-risk world. But integrating agricultural and climate risk insurance into rural development projects is a multi-step process that needs careful planning and preparation.
A rapid diagnostic for agricultural and climate risk insurance lays the groundwork for sound, context-specific decisions regarding the design and effective implementation of an insurance workstream. This technical note explains how to carry out a rapid diagnostic – who to talk to, what to ask and why.
- Resource type Technical Note
- Year of Publication2023
- Keywords Agricultural Insurance, Climate Insurance
- Insurance Underwriting with Nature: How Mangroves Can Transform the Climate Strategy of Companies, Cities and Re/insurers
- Iterating for climate resilience: Designing digitally-enabled agriculture insurance that works for smallholder farmers in Zimbabwe
- State of the Sector: Agri-Insurance for Smallholder Farmers A global stocktake of an evolving industry