Digital Financial Services and Risk Management Handbook
The research for this handbook included three components: interviews with approximately 30 practitioners, four in-depth case studies with Tigo Tanzania (MNO), FINCA DRC (MFI), Kopo Kopo Kenya (PSP) and Fidelity Bank in Ghana, and a two-day client workshop held in Cape Town in November 2015. The research objectives were to:
- Clearly define and describe all types of risks that may be faced by financial service providers using digital financial services;
- Provide easy-to-use guidelines for conducting risk diagnostics, assessments, developing risk frameworks, and implementing risk management tools;
- Analyze how different types of financial institutions currently assess risk and implement risk management tools;
- Identify general lessons learned by financial service providers about DFS risk management that are relevant to other markets and organizations on such issues as integration with exiting institution-wide risk frameworks, key risk indicators, most common types of risks faced, how to best mitigate risk, and best practices for DFS risk management.
- Resource type Report
- Author International Finance Corporation (IFC) , The MasterCard Foundation
- OrganisationInternational Finance Corporation (IFC), The MasterCard Foundation
- Year of Publication2016
- Number of pages116 pp.
- Keywords digital financial services, Financial Services, Risk Management