Climate and Disaster Risk Finance in the IPCC
The use of Climate and Disaster Risk Finance and Insurance (CDRFI) approaches has significantly increased in recent years. The increase in relevance and use is well-reflected in the IPCC’s Sixth Assessment report, which extensively covers the role CDRFI can play as a climate adaptation tool, as well as more detailed impacts and observations on the CDRFI sector’s response to climate change.
The IPCC report comes with a Summary for Policymakers, a Technical Summary and the full report containing 18 chapters and 7 cross-chapter papers.
This factsheet sheds light on the IPCC’s assessment of the role of Climate and Disaster Risk Finance and Insurance global climate change adaptation. It summarizes the key messages on CDRFI in Working Group II’s contribution on Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability to the IPCC’s Sixth Assessment Report (AR6).
- Resource type Report
- OrganisationInsuResilience Global Partnership
- Year of Publication2022
- Keywords climate finance, Risk Management, Climate Insurance
- How to carry out a rapid diagnostic for agricultural and climate risk insurance: Who to talk to, what questions to ask, and why
- Women’s Resilience in Fiji: How Laws and Policies Promote Gender Equality in Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management
- A rapid review of effective financing for policy, implementation and partnerships addressing drought risks