Agriculture Sector Investment Plan 2009-2012
The purpose of the agricultural investment plan is to contribute to sustainable food and nutritional security, to increase the incomes of rural households, and to secure national economic growth. The plan aims to transform agriculture into a modern, professionally‐managed and market‐oriented economic undertaking. This will be achieved through targeted investments that create an environment conducive to increased production; especially investing in the infrastructure required for agricultural intensification, promotion of professionalism, agricultural technological innovations and public – private sector partnerships.
The Agriculture Sector Investment Plan lays out the investment requirements of the Ministry of Agriculture’s medium‐term strategic plan. The Investment Plan presented here is structured according to the Second Strategic Plan for the Transformation of Agriculture, the PSTA II. It outlines the vision and the overall program goals; it also shows the most important specific outputs under each sub‐program followed by a brief explanation on how some of the most important activities in the different sub‐ program are expected to affect poverty reduction, growth and agricultural development.
- Resource type Document
- Author Government of Rwanda - Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources
- OrganisationGovernment of Rwanda - Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources
- Year of Publication2009
- Number of pages37 pp.
- Keywords Agriculture Investment, Agriculture, Investment
- Report of the Expert Workshop on Guidelines for Micro-finance, Credit and Insurance for Small-scale Fisheries in Asia
- Digitalization for Agricultural Value Chains in China and India: practical examples of software platform-based solutions for smallholder producers
- Experimental Identification of Asymmetric Information: Evidence on Crop Insurance in the Philippines
- Global Investment Competitiveness Report 2017/2018 : Foreign Investor Perspectives and Policy Implications