Adult Learning Materials Development at Community Level
The Handbook is designed for use mainly by the following two groups:
- Field workers at community level especially in community learning centres (CLC) – to provide practical knowledge and skills in developing low-cost & learner-centred learning materials with locally available resources.
- District/provincial level NFE offices – to provide practical knowledge to develop low-cost & learner-centred learning materials on a mass scale and to train field workers who are engaged in literacy and continuing education materials development.
It displays the following characteristics:
- Simple: Descriptive guides are easy to understand, avoiding technical jargon;
- Illustrative: Variety of visuals including illustrations, charts, photos help explain technical steps.
- Practical: Material development skills introduced are easy to practice at the field level
The handbook is arranged in three chapters:
- Chapter 1: Why, What and for Whom? Basic issues concerning material development are explained in question-and-answer format.
- Chapter 2: We Can Do It! Open the Material Preparation Process Map in the back of this handbook.The eight steps of material preparation in the map are explained in this chapter in question-and-answer format. Simple processes to make posters, wall magazines, charts, picture cards, leaflets, booklets, songs, drama, and other interesting materials are introduced here. Also, there are TIPS providing complementary information.
- Chapter 3: Let’s Learn More! If you know the basic steps of material preparation, pass on to this chapter. This is a collection of practical knowledge concerning learning material.
At the end of this handbook, you’ll find a glossary and a list of questions and answers for your reference.