Thursday, November 19, 2020
Time: 2.00 pm, Bangkok time (GMT+7 hrs.) Duration: 75 min
The overarching objectives of the webinar series FINSMART offered by APRACA jointly with other national/international agencies are aimed to build the capacity of financial institutions in the Asia-Pacific region engaged with the smallholders and downstream actors in the agricultural value chains so as to ensure efficient strategies and measures are being taken to challenge the post-COVID19 situation and seamless flow of finance and investments in to the sector. The webinar series are also envisioned to provide an avenue for knowledge sharing by the stakeholders on concrete innovative actions/strategies/pathways on the ground along APRACA strategic objectives 2019-2024 via technology-mediated social platforms that would directly benefit the financial institutions/investors/agribusiness companies and smallholders engaged in agricultural and rural development.
The expected outcome of the webinar series is to (a) contribute and highlights the issues and challenges of the region to the ongoing global dialogue and (b) to support the financial institutions, national governments in the region to undertake the right strategies and measures to deal with the on-going pandemic and its aftershock.
Areas to be covered during the dis-cussions/interactions:
· ‘New Normal’ in extending financial services to transform local economy and competitiveness of community business entity;
· Re-emergence of group lending as the new business models in the development finance sub-sector.
Organizations to join webinars:
- All regular and affiliated members of APRACA;
- Government and Non-government sector engaged in promoting local entrepreneurship.
- Region Asia
- Language English
- Keywords smallholder finance