Thursday, November 21, 2019 to Friday, November 22, 2019
Claims represent the tangible benefit of insurance to policyholders as positive experiences are key to developing trust. This training will provide microinsurance practitioners with the tools, knowledge and confidence to improve the claims management functions for their microinsurance programs, in terms of efficiency, cost-effectiveness and client value.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the critical role that claims play in promoting client value and that the claims experience can be an opportunity to demonstrate value.
- Understand the influence of product design, scheme philosophy and business model, as well as other factors, on claims processes in the microinsurance sector, and share experiences with other participants.
- Understand the guiding principles of claims management for microinsurance and be able to identify them in their own programs.
- Apply a conceptual framework for analysing claims processes to an existing microinsurance program, incorporating perspectives of both business viability and client value.
- Understand the pros and cons of possible interventions or strategies that can be used to address performance issues, administration costs, and cost of claims.
- Draft a customised action plan to improve the performance of the claims management function for their microinsurance programs.