Monday, October 18, 2021 to Friday, October 22, 2021
The African Microfinance Week (SAM -Semaine africaine de la microfinance in French) is a conference dedicated to the development of financial inclusion in Africa that takes place every two years. After the launch of the 1st SAM in 2013 in Arusha (Tanzania), a 2nd edition in 2015 in Dakar (Senegal), a 3rd in 2017 in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), and 4th Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso) in 2019. The 5th edition of the African Microfinance Week will take place from the 18th to 22nd October 2021 at the Kigali Convention Center in Kigali, Rwanda.
The SAM is an entire week to:
- Identify, share, and celebrate the innovations, their impact, and the contributions of the African inclusive finance sector to achieving the SDGs;
- Identify gaps and challenges facing the sector today and find solutions to address them;
- Strengthen the sector’s commitment to impact measurement tools and analyze its profitability;
- Foster new and enhance existing relationships with potential partners and allies in the inclusive finance sector in Africa;
- Promote action plans and follow up after the conference;
- Leverage the financial expertise of Luxembourg’s cooperation and strengthen its role as a key partner for inclusive finance practitioners;
- Rally participants by showing them how to focus their individual and collective energies to get as close as possible to the remaining milestones until 2030, which we will reassess at the SAM 2023!
It is a common African platform for reflection and exchange between all microfinance practitioners: investors, MFIs, researchers, banks, networks, innovators, governments and NGOs, among others.
- Language English
- Keywords Microfinance