Thursday, April 23, 2020
The European Commission – Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development (DG AGRI) in partnership with the European Investment Bank (EIB) are pleased to invite you to participate to the ‘Sixth annual EU conference on EAFRD financial instruments for agriculture and rural development in 2014-2020’, that will take place on 23 April 2020 in Brussels, Belgium.
This year’s conference will have a particular focus on the findings of the fi-compass study on the financing needs in the agriculture and the agri-food sectors in the EU Member States. The 24 country reports and their results will be shared with the fi-compass community and some will be presented in detail at the conference allowing experts and practitioners to exchange on the study, also in the perspective of a timely inclusion of financial instruments in the 2021-2027 CAP Strategic Plans.
Focus will also be put on the Green Deal and how the EAFRD financial instruments can support green and environmentally sustainable investments in the agriculture sector.
During the conference, participants can expect to get an overview on:
- the Commission’s proposal for CAP financial instruments in 2021-2027;
- the findings of the EU wide fi-compass study results on financing needs in agriculture and agri-food sectors on Member State level;
- the experiences of EAFRD managing authorities in using financial instruments;
- the EAFRD financial instruments focusing on financing green investments and environmental sustainability.
- Region Global
- Language English
- Keywords sustainable agricultural investments; European Commission