Sunday, April 19, 2020 to Monday, April 20, 2020
1.7 billion adults in the world are unbanked. Among them, more than half are women.
The rise of digital financial services is expected to advance women’s financial inclusion. Yet, there is a persistent gender gap in account ownership. In Bangladesh, the gap is 29 percentage points, the highest in the world. How can we find simple solutions to the many challenges that impede women’s financial inclusion?
The seventh Annual Frugal Innovation Forum (FIF) will bring together global practitioners, thinkers, researchers, policymakers and financial ecosystem partners to brainstorm solutions to the enduring challenges in financial inclusion for women through digital services.
FIF 2020 will aim to:
- Deepen our understanding of ecosystem drivers that enable digital financial inclusion for women.
- Take stock check of evidence and use cases to identify what has and hasn’t worked for women’s financial inclusion.
- Identify steps for reducing exclusion and explore opportunities for partnerships to tackle it.
- Focus on targeted and/or emerging innovations addressing unbanked women – and identify roadmap to maximize their impact.
- Region Global
- Language English
- Keywords digital financial services, Gender