Tuesday, May 18, 2021 to Friday, May 21, 2021
Inclusive insurance providers see the need for increased understanding and expertise in pricing their products. This training will help pricing specialists responsible for calculating different projections to better understand the specificities of the inclusive insurance sector in order to better place and monitor insurance products.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify key context elements to be considered in pricing for inclusive insurance.
- Describe the pricing process and premium components.
- Set and validate pricing assumptions based on relevant data.
- Understand the basic calculations required for determining risk premiums, expense loadings and gross premiums for short-term inclusive insurance products.
- Set appropriate monitoring processes for more effective pricing reviews.
Who could benefit from the training:
- Practitioners responsible for pricing or setting premium rates in their inclusive insurance institution
- Capacity building consultants who may be involved in pricing inclusive insurance products
- External consultants responsible for providing data and information for pricing, approving premium rates for the company, and providing analysis of pricing
- Members of a product development team wanting a greater understanding of the pricing process
Note: Participants must be familiar with pricing and reserving techniques.
To build the skills of inclusive insurance practitioners to apply the content in their day-to-day work, the participative sessions will utilise a combination of practice exercises, case study analyses, group activities, small group exercises, and games.
- Language English