Wednesday, October 3, 2018 to Friday, October 5, 2018
This year the joint MFC and EMN conference will focus on the implications of the digital revolution on financial and social inclusion. The event aims to explore how microfinance institutions can be proactive in embracing and making the most of technology to provide valuable opportunities for entrepreneurs, start-ups and social enterprises.
Is there a new role for socially-oriented microfinance? We think so and hope to provide some guidance and inspiration for practitioners to take an active role in imagining our collective future as a sector and also in laying the groundwork for the sensible application of new financial technology to improve access to finance.
Against this thematic backdrop, and in response to feedback from MFC and EMN Members, the conference program will also address:
- Capitalizing on big data for financial inclusion.
- Innovative risk management including alternative risk management tools.
- Crowdfunding and microfinance.
- MFI partnerships with fin-tech.
- Enhancing social performance management with technology.
- New technology applications for improvement of MFI operations.
- Encouraging the use of technology to foster the financial & social inclusion of migrants.
- Innovative ways of funding MFIs.
- Trends in social investment.
- Cooperation with mainstream financial institutions.
- Microfinance clients’ financial health and ways to measure it.
- New EU support instruments for microfinance.
The event will be a meeting of minds and ideas and will be the perfect opportunity for members and other industry experts to network, exchange experiences, learn from an impressive line-up of guests and even lay the groundwork for successful partnerships going forward.
- Early Bird (before 31 July inclusive) – EUR 500 (members: EUR 450)
- Regular Conference (1 August – 24 September) – EUR 600 (members: EUR 550)
- On-site fee (from 24 September) – EUR 700 (members: EUR 700)