Monday, February 22, 2021 to Friday, February 26, 2021
Inclusive insurance is an important risk management tool for emerging consumers. Before entering the market, it is crucial that potential and new players have an understanding of the concept of inclusive insurance and the emerging market in order to offer quality insurance products.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand what is inclusive insurance, its types of products and different models used to deliver inclusive insurance
- Understand the characteristics and needs of emerging consumers and how good insurance products can address such needs
- Identify ways that an inclusive insurance unit can be structured internally
- Identify success factors and challenges in making inclusive insurance viable for providers
- Understand the relationship between client value and viability
- Define an action plan
Who could benefit from the training:
Insurance practitioners exploring and setting up inclusive insurance programmes in their organizations
Members of financial institutions that are interested in offering inclusive insurance products
The training’s participative sessions will utilise interactive activities that include small group discussions and exercises, roleplay, case study analyses, group presentations, and puzzle solving.
- Language English