Monday, May 20, 2019 to Friday, May 24, 2019
In a microfinance institution, the board originates the business strategic direction, creates a framework for execution, guides on critical decisions that not only relate to provision of its products and services, but also in achieving sustainable growth, impact and profitability. To effectively respond to the available opportunities and prevailing challenges in providing financial services, such board members need to develop unique and competitive strategies, and insights on financial inclusion for their target market.
The board’s ability to focus on the important decisions –Strategy, Structure and Talent – when they come together for periodic meetings, will ensure they execute effectively on their task.
- Exposure to current and future trends in delivering financial access that will shape the strategic choices in future. And, for board members who may have different professional backgrounds, develop a deep understanding in financial inclusion.
- Learn how to build a culture that encourages professional engagement between the board and management team.
- Interaction and sharing of experiences from peers, seasoned facilitators and guest speakers.
- Develop competencies as a board member to effectively contribute to their respective microfinance institutions.
- Enhance networking skills and competencies that are critical for fundraising/resource mobilization for business growth.
The masterclass is designed for members of boards in microfinance institutions, banks, SACCOs and programs in financial inclusion serving in sub-Saharan Africa and executive leaders who have board responsibilities.
Program Fee – $3,300 includes tuition and accommodation.