Tuesday, June 16, 2015 to Friday, June 19, 2015
The Global Forum on Remittances and Development (GFRD) 2015 will be held in Milan on 16-19 June, in conjunction with the Universal Exposition EXPO2015 – Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life.
The GFRD2015 is organized by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), the World Bank and the European Commission, and will explore the global remittance markets, with a special focus on European-linked corridors and the development impact these have in the developing world.
Each day will be devoted to the discussion of key issues from the following areas:
16 June: public sector day
17 June: private sector day
18 June: civil society day
19 June: special meetings and workshops
The goals and objectives of the GFRD2015 are to provide an opportunity for stakeholders from public and private sectors, civil society and development community to engage and identify opportunities for collaboration, but also to disseminate the latest trends and best practices related to remittances and their potential for development.
Main objectives of the GFRD2015 will be to:
- highlight and demonstrate the importance of international and domestic remittances, their vital role in development and their impact when linked to other financial services such as savings, insurance and loans;
- support national governments in adopting a favourable regulatory framework that promotes low-cost remittances and their maximization in terms of access to finance and creation of wealth;
- exchange worldwide lessons learned and best practices;
- promote the scaling-up of successful models and private sector involvement as an agent of innovation; and
- strengthen awareness of and commitment to poverty alleviation and to the MDGs.
- The GFRD2015 will also provide a particular focus on the European market and related corridors with other regions of the world.
- Region Global
- Language English
- Keywords Remittances, Financial Services