Thursday, March 4, 2021
Making Finance Work For Africa (MFW4A) and the IPC, Horus and IECD Consortium, within the context of the European Investment Bank (EIB) TA Financial sector programme for West and Central Africa are hosting a series of four (4) webinars for banks and microfinance institutions operating in these regions.
This webinar will cover topics around gender finance and why it matters, in particular in the current crisis context.
Note: this webinar will be in French with simultaneous English translation
The expected outcomes of this webinar session are as follows:
- The audience will have improved understanding on the characteristics of gender finance .
- Participants will have gained insight on how financial institutions in the region can design financial products that meet the specific needs of female clients or female-owned businesses.
- participants will have broadened their understanding on how DFIs are supporting their partner local financial intermediaries in enhancing their gender-lens strategy.
- Participants will have the opportunity to advance suggestions on how FIs can further support women led or owned businesses.
The panelists are invited to share their perspective on the following issues:
- What are the needs and specificities of women entrepreneurs as a target group for Financial Institutions and why is it important to have a differentiated approach?
- How can financial institutions better take into account the constraints faced by their female clients and respond to them with tailor-made products and services?
- How can DFIs apply a gender-based lens to their operations and incentivise their clients to do the same, and what has the 2X challenge changed?
Moderators: Edwige Takassi, IPC GmbH and Hugues Kamewe, MFW4A
Introductory words: EIB regional office representative (TBC)
Kady Traoré, CEO, Fin’Elle, Ivory Coast
Alejandra Rios, Team Leader of the African Women Rising Initiative (AWRI, by EIB)
Tania Colantone, Social Development Specialist, EIB
- Language English French
- Keywords Gender Finance