Monday, May 7, 2018 to Friday, May 11, 2018
This one-week training course for MFIs will provide participants with an understanding of the different tools used by microfinance institutions (MFIs), what they mean, and how they can be used to keep track of an institution’s financial performance over time. Participants would also learn how to format financial statements for decision-making, adjust for inflation and subsidies, measure portfolio quality, asset/liability management, efficiency, and productivity.
- Income statement;
- Financial statements;
- Financial ratios;
- Portfolio quality;
- Asset/liability management;
- Risk assessment;
- Evaluation of microfinance institutions;
- Ratings and evaluation;
- Bank specific – ownership and support levels;
- Analyzing non-financial information;
- Risk faced by MFIs;
- Non-performing loan;
- Review of profit and loss accounts;
- Ratio analysis and the importance;
- Gap analysis;
- Cases study.
- Auditors of microfinance institutions;
- Ratings analyst;
- Microfinance practitioners;
- Central bank officials;
- Financial inclusion specialist;
- Officials from the Ministry of Finance;
- Staff of developmental agencies;
- Rural finance specialist.
- USD 1500;
- Scholarships and bursary are not available;
- Lunch will be provided.
- Region Global
- Country Malaysia
- Language English
- Keywords Microfinance, Financial Analysis