Tuesday, March 1, 2016 to Wednesday, March 2, 2016
Connexus is pleased to announce the 2016 Cracking the Nut conference. Based on the outcomes of the 2015 conference, this two-day learning event will go beyond environmental conservation to discuss regeneration and repair of natural resources upon which rural and agricultural communities depend. The conference will highlight the multiple ways in which the private sector, governments, donors and development practitioners are working to restore economic growth and natural resources in rural areas.
Conference sessions will showcase competitively selected best practices through three focused themes:
• Regenerating Rural and Agricultural Landscapes. How can public and private sector collaborate to restore deforested areas, depleted soils and scarce water supplies, while improving agricultural productivity? What incentives do companies offer to encourage their farmers to protect the environment and to apply agro-forestry and other climate-smart approaches? What models and technologies are cost effective for motivating small farmers to adapt their methods to protect soil, ground cover and natural habitats?
• Financing Environmentally Sustainable Development. How can we ensure that all farmers, including women and youth, have access to finance, markets, fair prices and climate-smart technical assistance? What types of finance are needed to rebuild the environment and economic potential of areas where natural resources have been exhausted? How can we reduce risk and increase lending to scale innovative climate-smart technologies?
• Encouraging Investment in Climate-Smart Agriculture. How can the private sector profitably invest in climate-smart agriculture? What technologies and investments can be made today to protect water and soil resources tomorrow? How can governments balance environmental protection policies with a desire to attract investments in rural and agricultural development?
Conference Registration Fees
Cracking the Nut Conference (early bird*): 595 USD
Cracking the Nut Conference + Ag VCF Training (early bird*): 1490 USD
Cracking the Nut Conference (regular): 795 USD
Cracking the Nut Conference + Ag VCF Training (regular): 1690 USD
* Early bird ends October 9, 2015
- Region Global
- Language English
- Keywords Agricultural Development, Rural Finance, Agricultural Finance