Monday, July 20, 2015 to Friday, July 24, 2015
The World Bank’s Agricultural Finance Support Facility (AgriFin) in cooperation with Amret, a leading microfinance institution in Cambodia, is inviting senior MFI professionals and bankers from around the world to participate in a study tour to learn about innovative agricultural lending practices in Cambodia.
Approximately 25 participants will have the opportunity to:
- learn about the agricultural lending operations of Amret, the loan products it offers for a wide range of clients, and processes and procedures that enable Amret to manage risk effectively;
- visit Amret’s field offices and get a close look at farm operations managed by Amret’s clients;
- examine how mobile banking enables Amret to increase penetration in rural areas and reach agricultural clients in a more cost-effective way; and
- engage and build professional relationships with a diverse range of international agriculture finance experts.
The program will be held in English and will provide banking and MFI professionals with in-depth technical understanding of Amret’s operations and demonstrate how a financial institution can penetrate a new market in a successful manner. Lessons garnered from this study tour will help participants improve and expand their agriculture finance in their home institutions.
The Study Tour is designed for MFIs and banks from outside Cambodia interested in expanding their agriculture finance business line. Participants should be experienced MFI professionals and bankers (lending, credit or risk managers) knowledgeable about agricultural lending and with an interest in learning more about this innovative lending products and services.
Deadline to register is June 30th, 2015.
- Region Global
- Country Cambodia
- Language English
- Keywords Agriculture, Agricultural Lending, Lending