Monday, July 17, 2017 to Friday, August 4, 2017
The 3rd Edition of the Boulder RAFP in English will be held alongside the English and French language Boulder MFT program in Turin, Italy from July 17th to August 4th, 2017.
The 2017 Boulder RAFP will offer 12 elective courses to choose from delivered by our Boulder Faculty, a diverse group of world-renowned experts, covering a broad range of topics and viewpoints. Our program will also feature The Boulder Rural and Agricultural Finance Master Class, a dynamic roundtable event designed and led by Panos Varangis (World Bank), Massimo Pera (FAO) and Emilio Hernandez (CGAP) that brings together over 10 world renowned experts in rural and Agricultural Finance to discuss financial inclusion in rural setting from a holistic point of view. Each morning, participants take part in this discussion and debate on different aspects of rural and agricultural finance, the lessons learned, and the diversity of approaches.
The Rural and Agricultural Finance Program is a highly specialized program offered for experienced rural and agricultural finance practitioners and institutions. The objective of RAFP is to enable inclusive and efficient food and agricultural systems, as well as promote financial inclusion by strengthening the technical capacity of service providers and those institutions serving rural SMEs and smallholder farmers.
Transform Your Thinking
Our 3 week immersion program creates the space for participants to deeply reflect on specific challenges, and share ideas and strategies on how to face the agricultural finance sector’s pressing issues, using new tools and a fresh perspective.
As part of the program, you will learn to:
- Distinguish the financial needs and tools required to serve diverse client segments in rural and agricultural finance.
- Examine the trade-offs of lowering costs and reducing risk in a financial portfolio.
- Evaluate financial products and delivery models that respond to the needs of rural SMEs and agricultural households.
- Assess the benefits and limitations of diverse financial products and delivery models.
- Region Global
- Country Italy
- Language English
- Keywords Rural Finance, Agricultural Finance, Agricultural Insurance, Agricultural Risk, Agricultural Investment, Agricultural Value Chain Finance