Tuesday, September 13, 2016 to Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Now entering its seventh year as the region’s leading banking forum, AITEC Banking & Mobile Money Accra, 2016 will address the key issues faced by the region’s increasingly dynamic financial services sector.
African banks have a great challenge in overcoming their heritage of colonial banking systems, which were designed to serve
government, corporates and high-worth individuals. The bottom part of the pyramid has been badly neglected, and only recently have commercial banks started addressing this market segment as mobile operators set the pace in providing low-cost banking services. The AITEC Banking & Mobile Money Conference Series plays a valuable role in challenging banks to embark on innovative financial inclusion strategies, through technological innovation, and through the development of a customer-oriented corporate culture and service innovation.
Who is the conference aimed at?
Each conference has clear target audiences:
- ICT managers & professionals in the banking and financial services sector
- High-level managers at CEO, COO and CFO level
- Innovators and service providers active in the financial services sector
- Telecom operators and service providers
- NGOs, civil society organisations and development partners directly involved with delivering banking or microfinance services in rural/under-serviced areas.
- Media representatives and analysts
Some of the Topics:
- The Challenge and Opportunities of Mobile
- Microfinance: Deepening financial services
- Islamic Banking: An alternative model for equitable banking
- Region Global
- Language English
- Keywords Mobile Banking, Islamic Finance