Tuesday, May 30, 2017 to Wednesday, May 31, 2017
The Annual Banking & Finance Conference 2017 theme: “Making Financial Inclusion a Reality in Africa: Connecting people to Banking & Financial Service couldn’t be timelier. The 2016 edition was held in Ghana and the 2017 edition will be a continuation of the discussions and a preview of the implementation strides made thus far, as we continue to push the Financial Inclusion agenda in the continent.Banking and financial services must seek ways to increase their mass and tap into the financially excluded population (which is more than 60 %). The agenda to deliver financial services to those that banks have traditionally not reached should now more than ever be at the top of corporate growth strategy.
The conference will also look at new and innovative financial technology solutions that will make financial inclusion possible and profitable. The agenda will include a broad range of case studies, discussions and debates by top speakers from across Africa bringing theoretical and practical experiences on how various sectors can work together to promote financial inclusion.
Key stakeholders will include traditional banks, insurance; NGOs, telcos; retail stores, donors, investors, policymakers, regulators, MFI, FMCGs. Financial institutions must collaborate, partner and learn from non-financial players to expand their products and services to new customer segments. The question then is how do they do this?
The event will be a catalyst for debate, best practice, knowledge exchange and partnerships among the practitioners, policy-makers and other stakeholders seeking to achieve significantly greater financial inclusion in the region
Inclusive finance ecosystem is evolving rapidly and Africa’s banking & finance sector must adopt its business models.
- Barriers to access to financial inclusion – Is agency banking the solution?
- Regulatory and governance hurdles, challenges, changes.
- Financial technology solutions
- Dealing with local perceptions about banking and money
- FMCG, retailers, researches academics their role in Financial Inclusion?
- Client protection and credit reporting?
- Product offerings – Loan or savings? What does your client want?
- Real Value Creation – or how will that look like for each of the stakeholder
- New technologies for new business model
- Shifting from financial education to financial capability
- Lessons from the global arena – Asia and Middle East an Islamic Banking
- Financial exclusion doesn’t mean you’re necessarily poor or live far from a bank – Rethinking Financial Inclusion.