Wednesday, May 3, 2017 to Friday, May 5, 2017
AFSIC is the leading investment event focused on Africa’s financial services sector. The annual AFSIC, now in its 5th year, attracts financial services companies, predominantly leading Banks, Insurance Companies, Microfinance, Leasing and other regulated financial services companies from almost all parts of the African continent.
The wide spread of companies from across Africa attracts a highly significant proportion of major institutional investors focused on investment into Africa, and those considering the increasing merits of doing so. These investors include Sovereign Wealth Funds, Supranational investors, listed equity and private equity investors, African regulated asset managers, alongside impact investors such as DFIs and microfinance focused investors.
The core of AFSIC 2017 consists of a Meet African Dealmakers event held the night before the official start of AFSIC 2017, followed by two days of presentations from market participants running in parallel streams. Sessions will include, amongst others:
- 4 Panels on the 4 sub regions of Africa (North Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa, West Africa) on: Investment Opportunities in the Financial Services Sector;
- Panel on: Do Unicorns exist in Africa? Where’s the next big investment win in Fintech?;
- Spotlight on Investment Opportunities in the Financial Sector in the Democratic Republish of Congo, Sierra Leone and Zimbabwe; and
- Diaspora Finance, Remittances, and Long-term Displaced People: An Investment Opportunity.
- Region Global
- Language English
- Keywords Microfinance, Financial Services, Investment, Remittances