Sunday, June 7, 2015 to Tuesday, June 9, 2015
The Waterloo Research Institute in Insurance, Securities and Quantitative Finance, University of Waterloo announces the 4th International Agricultural Risk, Finance, and Insurance Conference (IARFIC) to be held on June 7-9th in Washington, D.C., USA.
IARFIC is a unique venue that brings together leaders in agriculture, finance, and risk management, across disciplines, and across borders, tackling very important and timely topics in an effort to maintain a strong agricultural sector and improve global food security. The theme of the conference is “Agricultural Risk, Finance, Insurance and Actuarial Science”. The conference will include a dynamic program with high quality speakers focusing on innovative research, policy discussions, and business challenges and successes. The conference will also feature four “big picture” unique plenary sessions, with representation from Academia, Government, the Private Sector, Stakeholders, NGO’s, and others.
Four confirmed plenary sessions:
1. Big Data: technical and policy challenges. Moderated by Barry Barnett (Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Mississippi State University, USA).
2. Improving Agricultural Insurance Ratemaking: Assumptions surrounding implied vs. historical volatilities as well as the relationship between price and yields. Moderator: TBD.
3. China: Update and Innovation. Moderated by Qiao Zhang (Professor, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, China).
4. Agricultural Insurance and the way forward: long-term sustainability of agricultural insurance programs, including discussion on subsidy, government role, and program designs. Moderator: TBD.
- Region Global
- Language English
- Keywords Agricultural Risk, finance, Insurance