Monday, July 18, 2016 to Friday, August 5, 2016
The Rural and Agricultural Finance Program has been launched in 2015 with the technical support of FAO and CABFIN. It is a highly specialized program offered for experienced rural and agricultural finance practitioners and institutions. The objective of RAFP is to enable inclusive and efficient food and agricultural systems, as well as promote financial inclusion by strengthening the technical capacity of service providers and those institutions serving rural SMEs and smallholder farmers.
The 2016 Boulder RAFP is likely to offer approximately 12 courses delivered by faculty from FAO, IFAD, the Boulder Institute of Microfinance, UNCDF, Rabobank, WOCCU, MEDA, Finance in Motion and PAMIGA. The 2nd Annual Boulder RAFP offered in English and will take place from July 18th – August 5th, 2016 in Turin, Italy.
Transform Your Thinking
This 3 week immersion program creates the space for participants to deeply reflect on their specific challenges, and share ideas and strategies on how to face the agricultural finance sector’s pressing issues, using new tools and a fresh perspective. In 2015 the program brought together 22 professionals from over 15 countries representing support institutions (55%), financial institutions (27%), public institutions (14%) and universities.
As part of the program, participant will learn to:
- Distinguish the financial needs and tools required to serve diverse client segments in rural and agricultural finance.
- Examine the trade-offs of lowering costs and reducing risk in a financial portfolio.
- Evaluate financial products and delivery models that respond to the needs of rural SMEs and agricultural households.
- Assess the benefits and limitations of diverse financial products and delivery models.
Learn tested and cutting edge microfinance techniques that will facilitate the provision of valuable services to your clients in rural and agricultural areas.
If you need any additional information about the 2016 Boulder RAFP, please send an email at email@example.com
- Region Global
- Country Italy
- Language English
- Keywords Rural Finance, Agricultural Finance