Wednesday, September 30, 2015 to Thursday, October 1, 2015
The World Savings and Retail Banking Institute (WSBI) in partnership with Belarusbank, which is the oldest and the largest bank in Belarus, will hold its 1st EECA Regional meeting in Minsk from 30 September and 1 October 2015. The objective is to provide a platform to engage stakeholders such as government officials, regulators, international and regional development banks as well as WSBI members and other financial institutions to learn from one another and identify synergies to work together to create an enabling financing environment in order to foster economic growth and prosperity in the region.
The objective of the Event is to provide a platform to engage stakeholders such as government officials, financial sector regulators, international and regional development banks as well as financial institutions (FIs) to identify key challenges and opportunities as well as synergies to work together to create an enabling financing environment in order to boost economic growth and prosperity.
Some key issues to be addressed:
– How the regional economies and financial sector have been supported by the investment and assistance provided by international financial institutions (IFIs)?
– How can these countries rely on their own resources and diversify them for development?
– How to improve access to finance for households and SMEs? What roles can different stakeholders play?
– How can the financial sector improve its expertise in SME finance?
– Exchange of best practice.