Thursday, March 16, 2017 to Friday, March 17, 2017
At present, microfinance is facing significant changes: new products are being developed and launched by MFIs; more and more traditional financial institutions, such as banks and credit unions are getting involved in microfinance; national authorities are developing and tightening up regulations in order to facilitate and speed up further financial sector development.
Uniglobal’s two-day forum will cover a wide range of topics which makes this forum appealing to MFIs and banks, as well as to private investors and development organizations. Included in the speakers are the largest private and public investors in microfinance, commercial banks and development organizations from all over the world.
Event’s discussion topics are:
- Global microfinance market outlook;
- Role of financial inclusion in achieving sustainable development goals (SDGs);
- Digital currencies: how can they help the development of financial inclusion;
- Shifting towards Internet-based strategies;
- Successful implementation of Management Information System (MIS): Provider & small MFI perspectives;
- Credit scoring in microfinance and the role of credit bureaus in financial inclusion;
- MFI /Bank experiences in overcoming 5 top challenges: practical examples step by step;
- Focus on client needs and consumer protection, regulation & data privacy;
- Dual mandate of investors: social impact & gaining profit. Financial literacy and education: practical examples;
- Environment management and MFIs: green microfinance;
- Financing gap for MSMEs;
- Crowdfunding platforms and alternative financing;
- Hedging currency risk in a highly volatile environment;
- Future Challenges and How Microfinance Will Look in 10 Years?
- Region Global
- Language English
- Keywords Microfinance, Financial Inclusion, Financial Literacy